Meeting - 2011
The Larsmont Community Club held its annual meeting on
May 16, 2011, at the Little Red Schoolhouse. The meeting
was called to order at 7 p.m. by President Bill Tranah.
Old Business –
• Report on 2010 annual
picnic, weather good, 39 people attended, good time.
• Report on 2010 New Project monies of $1,510 received,
and a full report of 2009 toilet project and 2010 porch
• Report on 2010 Maintenance Monies received of $1,900.
• Report on Project Day 2010 – painting, staining, cut
brush, moved flag light fixture to accommodate changing
bulb, new plaque for bench.
• Report on 2010 activities: Pioneer School Days,
Association meeting (Annual meeting) and picnic, two
New Business –
• D.A.C. will continue to mow the lawn.
• Report on Building Maintenance Fund balance – $2,940
as of May 15, 2011.
• Discussion on 2012 Maintenance Monies. Request amount,
decided to ask for $2,200. No discussion on New Projects
Monies for 2012.
• President Tranah reported on the inspection done of
schoolhouse property and well before and after blasting
for highway projects. Reported on the draw-down testing
of the well.
• Had a discussion about Helen Murphy’s passing and what
to do to honor her, decided to do a memorial from LCC in
acknowledgment of the Murphys’ contributions and
painting of the schoolhouse over the years.
• Discussion on annual picnic (2011) – date will be
August 29, food from Whole Foods Co-op, more meat, less
vegetarian sandwiches and more potato salad. Paul and
Cindy Hayden agreed to pick up food on their way out of
• Discussion on Work Projects Day – will be August 13
with backup on August 20 if bad weather. Need to do west
wall of schoolhouse, porch, eaves and gable on garage,
scrub, buff and recoat floor. President Tranah will see
about getting Lake Superior School District buffer.
• President Tranah reported on the tangled cable in the
flag pole and hiring someone to replace the cable. Bill
will contact the cable company.
• Report on 2011 activities on the calendar: baby
shower, Pioneer School Days, annual meeting, rummage
sale, huge crafters sale, annual picnic, clay workshop
thanked President Tranah and Secretary Wisch for all
that they do.
Discussion on continuation of donation jug at annual
picnic in memory of Walt Barthell, donations to go to
the Building Maintenance Fund.
Election of Officers –
Holders of offices agreed to continue in their roles.
Unanimous ballot for the officer group. Elected Officers
are: Bill Tranah, president; Margaret Glass,
vice-president; Marlys Wisch, secretary/treasurer; David
Falk, groundskeeper; Dale Isackson, flag tender; Paul
Hayden, newsletter editor.
With no other business, the meeting adjourned at 7:55
Marlys Wisch, Sec./Treas.