Meeting - 2010
The Larsmont Community Club held its annual meeting on May 10, 2010, at
the Little Red Schoolhouse. The meeting was called to order at 7 p.m.
by President Bill Tranah.
Old Business –
• Report on recent information on the honking tree and
letter sent on behalf of LCC
• Report on 2009 annual picnic
• Report on 2009 New Project monies, new toilet, done by Bolen
• Report on Maintenance Monies received for 2009, $1,800.
• Report on New Project Monies 2010, $1,900 – porch, update on work to
be done by Bolen Construction.
• Report on Building Maintenance Fund – now stands at $2,180.
New Business –
• D.A.C. will continue to mow the lawn.
• Report on use of schoolhouse in 2010: five Pioneer School days; two
rummage sales; three Association Meetings; one annual picnic; one
annual meeting; one painting day with lunch.
• Discussion of 2011 New Project monies: move spotlight for flag to
lower position for safety in changing bulb; possible new furnace;
painting front of garage; brush removal; replacement of plaque on bench
due to weathering. Roof is in good condition.
• Discussion on request for 2011 Maintenance Monies.
• Discussion on the annual picnic, August 30. Again will use Whole
Foods Co-op for food, with charge of $6 per adult, $3 per child.
• Discussion on Painting Days, August 7 (alternate August 14). New
toilet needs staining, one wall of school house, paint garage, first
coat on new porch. New porch project should start the second week of
• Key policy for the toilet: key for both locks hangs inside
school by the light switch.
Other Business –
It was suggested that a jug be placed at the annual picnic for
donations toward the Building Maintenance Fund in memory of Walt
Barthell, who was our Vice President for many years and recently passed
Election of Officers –
Margaret Glass was nominated to fill the position of Vice President.
Holders of other offices agreed to continue in their roles. Unanimous
ballot for the officer group. Elected Officers are: Bill Tranah,
president; Margaret Glass, vice-president; Marlys Wisch,
secretary/treasurer; David Falk, groundskeeper; Dale Isackson, flag
tender; Paul Hayden, newsletter editor.
With no other business, the meeting adjourned at 8 p.m.
Marlys Wisch, Sec./Treas.