Annual Meeting - 2008
The Larsmont Community Club held its annual meeting on May
19, 2008, at the Little Red Schoolhouse. Seventeen residents attended
the meeting, which was called to order at 7 p.m. by President Bill
Old Business –
• Report on MTCE monies and new project monies received from the Lake County Recreation Board, $1,700 and $1,000 respectively.
• Report on the Pioneer School Days in 2007, with 6 schools participating.
• President Tranah explained that Building Fund Donations of $100 would have names presented on a plaque inside the schoolhouse.
• Report on the finished siding project.
• Report on the building’s front posts. Need to assess condition for repair or replacement.
• Report on lye that has been spread in the outhouse depositories.
• Report on the Lake County Recreation Board meeting in June 2007. This year’s meeting will be on June 26, 2008.
Record crowd at the 2008 annual meeting.
New Business –
• D.A.C. to continue to mow grass in 2008.
• Security Deposit policy will be established, on hold since 2007.
• Painting day will be June 7, 9 a.m.-noon. A sign will be placed on
the highway to remind volunteers, and also an ad in the Chronicle.
• Three schools signed up for Pioneer School days for 2008, so far.
• Discussion on what project to do for submission to Co-op Light and
Power Operation Roundup. Decided to submit need for updated electrical
work in building to be able to accommodate new voting machines.
Estimates to be obtained from Agate Electric Sawtooth and Corbin
• Discussion on needed projects and request for new monies from Lake
County Recreation Board. President to decide between possible new
outhouse building, leaking roof or new posts for front porch.
• Will submit a request for $1,800 for MTCE monies from Lake County Recreation Board.
• Discussion on possible sale of T-shirts/sweatshirts a fundraiser.
Voted down because of inventory, initial cost and lack of events to
sell them at.
• Discussion on annual picnic, August 18, 5-7 p.m. $6 per adult and $3
for children 6 and under. Fare approved: pizzas, tossed salad, cheese
bread or stix. Donations of desserts will be requested from those who
attend. Article to go in the Chronicle, plus a road sign will be
Election of Officers –
Unanimous ballot for the existing officer group: Bill
Tranah, president; Walt Barthell, vice-president; Marlys Wisch,
secretary/treasurer; David Falk, groundskeeper; Dale Isackson, flag
tender; Paul Hayden, newsletter editor.
No other business from the floor. Meeting adjourned.
Respectfully submitted Marlys Wisch, Sec./Treas.
Painting Project Continues
On June 7, a number of volunteers turned out at the Little
Red Schoolhouse to continue the painting of the building’s new siding.
Two additional sides were completed by the group, including striping of
the stairs and repainting of the baseboards. Once the job is finished,
the building will require only seasonal touchups to maintain it through
the coming years. Work remains to be done on replacement of the wood at
the base of the pillars and some of the porch structure.